Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Things to Do: Art Shows

I love going to art shows. I love seeing how much talent there is out in the world. There is something so fun about browsing the various tents and imagining how a piece would go perfectly in your home. What I love the most about art shows is that they are free minus parking for some locations. I believe the only art show that charges an admission fee is the Coconut Grove Art Festival but there are so many great free ones in the Miami area. We got a preview of the upcoming art show season this past weekend when we went to In the Park with Art in Palmetto Bay. The weather was perfect for browsing the tents of the over 100 artists present. I was blown away with what I saw. The photography was stunning, the pastel work amazing, the jewelry gorgeous. I will admit that I have become obsessed with artist Annie Maxwell. I first saw her work displayed in one of the galleries during the Gables Gallery Night and I saw her work again this weekend. I love how vibrant and alive her pieces feel. I also love how her work incorporates the feel of the Caribbean, specifically Cuba.

Image from Fine Art America
I'm looking forward to the South Miami Art Festival this weekend and possibly going to check out Sleepless Night on Saturday Night.

No comments: